During the 2019 Poverty Matters! Conference, attendees will celebrate the affirming achievements that come from achieving economic security. The planning committee will present two awards at the conference:
Courage Award: Recognizes an individual who has overcome significant barriers in attaining economic security.
Herb Kohl Helping Hand Award: Recognizes an organization or individual that has demonstrated leadership and commitment to addressing the needs of low-income people.
Nominations will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 26th!
Instructions & Requirements for submitting a nomination:
1. The nomination form must be completed and attached to a separate sheet of paper which contains the answers to the questions listed in order for the nomination to be considered.
2. Award winners must be able to accept their award in person at the conference. The awards will be given out at the closing plenary session on Thursday, September 12th from 12:15 to 1:45 p.m.
3. The nominator, the winner and one guest may attend the entire conference free of charge. Any additional people wishing to attend must pay the conference registration fee of $200 for the entirety of the conference, $150 for one day of the conference, or $20 for the cost of the closing plenary meal only. A list of additional guests must be sent to the WISCAP office with a check made payable to WISCAP.
4. The nominator will introduce the award winner at the closing plenary session and give a brief speech on why they submitted the nomination.
5. THE DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS IS 5:00 P.M. ON FRIDAY, JULY 26, 2019.
6. Send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “2019 Poverty Matters! Award Nomination.”
7. The planning committee will review all nominations and winners will be notified the first week of August.